Weekend Recipe: Sausage Cabbage Potato Soup
Sausage Cabbage Potato Soup
Simple dish with a warming aroma
Prep Time: 10 mins
2 lbs. of ground mild or hot sausage
6-8 red potatoes cubed
Tablespoon of minced garlic
2 medium onions thinly sliced
2 tablespoons of olive oil
5 stalks of celery thinly sliced
1 medium head of cabbage shredded
10-12 cups chicken broth
2 bay leaves
28 ounce diced tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in large pot
- Add the onions, garlic, and celery. Season with a little salt and cook until translucent
- Add the ground sausage and cook until brown
- Add the cabbage and cook until wilted
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, oregano, and bay leaves
- Bring to a simmer
- Add potatoes and cook on medium-low for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are firm but tender.
- Add additional seasoning if necessary. Enjoy!
Use this recipe as a guide and adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary.