Weekend Recipe: Simple Cheese Steak
Simple Cheese Steak
An easy dinner option during the week.
Prep Time: 5 mins
1 pound chopped or shaved beef -ribeye flank steak
1 large white onion
12 ounces pack of white mushrooms
2 large green pepper
4 crusty hoagie rolls
8 slices of Swiss cheese
2 tablespoons of Worchester sauce
salt pepper to taste
2 tablespoon butter
- Melt butter over medium heat
- Cook beef until no longer pink; season with salt, pepper and worchester sauce
- Add onions and mushrooms until onions are soft
- Add peppers and cook for 5 minutes, you don’t want them to become too mushy
- Taste the beef mixture and add additional salt and pepper if necessary. Set aside.
- Prepare hoagie roll by scooping out and opening middle
- Add a generous portion of the beef mixture back to the skillet, top with two slices of beef and cover with lid for about two minutes until cheese has melted.
- Top hoagie roll with cheesy beef mixture and serve immediately
Use this recipe as a guide and adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary.