Weekend Recipe : Sausage, Pepper and Cheese Frittata
Sausage, Pepper, and Cheese Frittata
A savory dish perfect for lunch or brunch
Prep Time: 10 mins
- 10 large eggs
- 1 pound of mild ground sausage
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 2 cups Colby Jack shredded cheese
- 1 white onion sliced
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook sausage in a skillet over medium heat, set aside.
- Place sliced onions and peppers in cast iron skillet with butter over medium heat until soft
- Add cooked sausage, thyme, rosemary, and half of cheese
- Mix eggs in a bowl and pour over mixture in cast iron skillet. Top with the rest of the cheese.
- Finish cooking in 450-degree oven for 10 minutes or until the top is brown
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
Use this recipe as a guide and adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary.