Weekend Recipe: Simple Chicken Fajita
Simple Chicken Fajita
A dish full of flavor and depth.
Prep Time: 20 mins
- 1 pound of skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons of fajita seasoning
- 1 red onion
- 3 bell peppers (orange, yellow, green)
- 1 box of yellow rice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes
- Fresh cilantro
- Tortillas (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine half of the fajita seasoning, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, lime juice, and soy sauce.
- Add chicken to bowl, stir to coat, and cover. Set covered bowl aside to let marinate at room temperature.
- Slice peppers and onions.
- Add peppers and onions to a sheet pan, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with remaining fajita seasoning, turning to coat.
- Move bell peppers and onions to outer edges of the sheet pan and place marinated chicken in the middle.
- Cook at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes, then broil on high for additional 2 minutes.
- Cook yellow rice per instructions
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice before serving.
Use this recipe as a guide and adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary.