Weekend Recipe: Grilled Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Grilled Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Simple alternative to grilled cheese sandwiches without the bread
Prep Time: 5 mins
3 Portobello Mushrooms
2 cups Italian Blend Shredded Cheese
1 Tablespoon Feta Cheese
1 Pickle Slice
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Pepper To Taste
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp paper towel to clean off any dirt. Note: Do not rinse under water.
- Using a spoon, take out the black gills of the mushrooms. Also, remove the stems. Rub oil onto the outside and inside of the mushrooms.
- Slice the pickle thinly and place a few in each mushroom. Divide the cups of shredded cheese and put into mushroom on top of the pickles.
- Put on the grill, cover and cook until cheese is melted about 10 minutes. Top each mushroom with feta cheese and pepper to taste.
Use this recipe as a guide and adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary.