Weekend Recipe: Pork Tikka Masala
Pork Tikka Masala
Over basmati rice paired with garlic pita, perfect savory dinner.
Prep Time: 24 hours
- 2 pounds of boneless center cut pork chops
- 16 ounces Greek yogurt
- 2-inch ginger root
- 12-ounce coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons garam masala
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large onion
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Salt to taste
- Marinate pork overnight in yogurt in fridge
- Let pork come to room temperature
- Grill pork over medium heat for 5-10 minutes each side. Shake off excess yogurt prior to grilling
- Grill whole onion and garlic clove over heat until it is slightly charged
- Once pork, onions, and garlic are finished and cooled diced the pork into equal sized chunks and dice onions and garlic. Add the pork onions and garlic to crock pot.
- Peel and grate a 2-3 inch size ginger root and add it to the crock pot.
- Add the salt pepper paprika and garam masala and stir until the spice mixture fully coats the pork.
- Pour can of diced tomatoes and entire can of coconut milk along with the tomato paste
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours
- Serve over basmati rice with pita
Use this recipe as a guide and adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary.