Staying in Your Own Lane
My middle schooler asked if sometimes there are people that get on my nerves during the day. As she described the person who annoyed her during the day I realized adults are nothing but kid personalities who just got older with age. Most of the issues she described were relevant in a corporate adult environment.
I found myself giving her advice that helps me with dealing with adults in corporate:
– stay in your own movie, don’t be that involved in someone else’s personal show
– listen more than you speak
– realize that everyone has their own struggles and truths that are hidden
– stay wildly protective of your own truth, know that you are already whole.
– react with love in your heart at all times.