Hobbies have always been a subtle consistency in our family. We all have something we love to work on at home which is a must when living acres apart from neighbors and the nearest store is over 8 miles away. It is normal to find each of us in a separate room during the evening quietly creating a masterpiece, keying an original song, crocheting a blanket, or trying a new recipe.
Benefits I’ve noticed from hobbies have been:
- There’s always something to do during down time
- Homes feel more inviting when filled with a family’s spirit of creativity
- Creativity sparks in other aspects of life (school/work)
- There’s always something new to learn
- Some even help improve our brain 7 Hobbies Science Says Will Make You Smarter